Friday, August 17, 2018

Artist Residency

Spending six weeks as a Resident Artist at STARworks Ceramics, in Star, NC, was an exceptional opportunity. I was there from July 05 through August 13th, and benefited tremendously from all that was available to me. The highlight was having numerous discussions with Takuro Shibata, director of all things clay. He is extremely knowledgeable on materials, and he guided me in making trial adjustments to my personal claybody using some of the local regional clay. Being able to work 8-10 hours a day, focusing solely on making work, was priceless. I was able to try some new ideas, as well as using numerous available claybodies. While I didn't fire any work during my stay, I will be able to see the results of my efforts this November when we fire Chris Gustin's kiln.

My work space

No comments:

Post a Comment